Thursday, June 12, 2008

Beach Day


I woke up this morning resolved to go to the beach, despite the weather. The forecast didn't look good, but we started packing up anyway. Three layers on top and sweats on the bottom, no bath suit and we're ready. of course, the girls wore their suits.

Stepping outside I was a little encouraged. It was still cloudy, but not too cold. By the time we picked up Tiff Tiff, the sun was out. So much for the forecast. I was still wearing a tank top, long sleeve shirt and jacket when we arrive at 15th street in Newport. It was gorgeous! I stripped the sweats (I had packed shorts in an emergency) and loaded up the kids with boogie boards, and bags.

We found our spot with the little Salem community. We sat in a horseshoe watching our little (and big) ones play in the growing waves. The sun was perfect, the breeze was perfect, the sand was perfect.

I got asked more than once about my camera. I think I will not be shy about my love of taking pictures anymore. Maybe they will appreciate it when they see the photos.

Didn't make it back to the car in time and got a parking ticket. So at 4.30 a gallon and a 47.00 parking ticket, the trip was expensive. Oh well.

This was our second beach day of the summer.... to be continued

No comments: